1cup wheat berries
2 TB olive oil
6 pieces bacon
¼ cup vinegar (any kind)
1 TB Honey
Radishes cut ¼” thick
Salt & pepper to taste
1 TB lemon juice
1 cup sliced swiss chard
¼ cup (2 ozs) crumbled goat cheese
1. Bring 4 cups salted water to boil, add wheat berries & reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for appx 30-40 minutes (test for tenderness should have a pop). Drain & cool, set in fridge
2. Meanwhile fry bacon, remove & crumble reserve fat in pan.
3. Sautee radishes, honey & vinegar (season with salt & pepper) approximately 10 minutes until radishes are glazed. Stir in lemon juice (you are making a dressing).
4. Scrape radishes & glaze over wheatberries
5. Add olive oil swiss chard, bacon & goat cheese
6. Toss & serve